Monday, August 17, 2009

Hallielujah!

Yes, I just realized I can say that! And thanks Michaela, for all the threatening comments on the last post! :D :D
Jace got back a while ago, he's awesome! Except, really weird, of course :D
So yes, again I changed this blog around. I've been wanting to post more about my church and what I learn, to share it with other people. So this week I'm teaching a lesson on service in beehives, and you guys get a sneak peak, only a peek though, because Michaela's probably reading this! (Hi Kayla ;)


Service.
What service means to me:
Service is a gift. To us, to the people to we serve, and to the lord. In D&C 34:14 it says And their arm shall be mine arm. Have you ever thought about that? My mind, my tongue, my hands and feet, your tongue, your energy, are the only tools the lord has to work with. Think about that.
True service is pleasure. Jesus didn’t complain. What service you do is simple.
What is Service to you? Ask the girls. Have someone write it down. And all the ways they can serve such as,
Make cards for teachers.
Tell family you love them.
Walk your dog.
Show your talents.
President Spencer W. Kimball said, God Does notice us and he watches over us, but it is usually through another person that he meets our needs, therefore, it is vital that we serve each other.
Talk about that.
The primary song "Give said the little stream." Is about service. The little stream is giving it’s water to help things grow. The last verse of that song is give, give as Jesus did.

Tadaa! Do you like? I had fun working on it and I have a special surprise for the girls at the end!
Hallie--lujah!

3 comments:

AubsandKenny said...

Love your picture, at the top of the page :)! And I love hearing your testimony. You truly have a strong one! Love ya!

Michaela said...

hi 2 u 2!!!!! Nice lesson! Ill act like i didnt know any of it!!!! I wonder what the surprise is. Hmmmmmmm...

ginger said...

your lesson sounds great. service is very important. i have been served much over the past few years and it is through that that I feel the Savior's love for me. it is also very important to serve, like you said. not only does it make you feel better but it makes the person you serve feel better too. and it helps you make some great friends! XOXO