Friday, December 24, 2010

Papa-

My wonderful, amazing, funny papa (grandpa) passed away this morning. Aubrey, Lacey and I had to go to the hospital to say goodbye yesterday morning. We were bawling and saying goodbye to him was the hardest thing. Maybe I haven't completely accepted it yet. I didn't even accept he was in the hospital until the day we were about to see him.


I gave him a big hug and knew it would be my last. I told him I loved him and I do. I love my Papa so much. He told me he loved me various times. The last words he told me were these: I love you darling.
I love you too Papa! I will see you again soon, in heaven. Someday we will all be together forever living a happy life. I know my Papa is in full health now. He is probably feeling better than he has in years.
I'm grateful for this wonderful man in my life and all the memories he has given me.
Love,
Hallie

3 comments:

AubsandKenny said...

Glad us three sisters got to do it together. Love your post and love you!!! Cute pictures

Lacey said...

We had and will always have the best Papa ever <3

Lori said...

Hallie, thanks for sharing your thoughts about Papa. He was a great man and I'm glad you built some memories with him. I'm also glad you have such a strong testimony of being with him again some day.